GlobalAutoIndustry.com’s latest Audio Interview, “The State of New Mobility – A Global Perspective,” features Brian Collie, senior partner and managing director at Boston Consulting Group (BCG) and global leader, Automotive & Mobility Sector.
In the 24-minute Audio Interview, Collie discusses the following questions:
- Billions of dollars are being invested in new mobility but after 18-24 months of tremendous hype, it seems expectations are being tempered somewhat. As we look ahead to 2030, will the promise of new mobility hold true?
- How do you bridge that still bullish view with the recent concerns expressed that the technology is not ready or L5 will be too hard?
- Beyond the technology and costs, what do you see as the greatest barriers to making the promise of new mobility a reality?
- Are you confident we can get the public and private sector to collaborate in the way needed?
- What advice would you offer executives on how best to navigate these turbulent times ahead?
Brian Collie is a senior partner and managing director at Boston Consulting Group, where he is the Global lead for the Automotive & Mobility sector. He also is a core member of the Industrial Goods, Operations, Strategy and Global Advantage practices.
Collie specializes in working with automotive manufacturers and suppliers on a broad range of strategy, operations and organizational topics. He is an expert on new mobility and passionate about the potential for the convergence of sharing, autonomous technologies, and electrification to change the world. Brian previously served as co-lead of BCG’s support of the World Economic Forum initiative on Future of Urban & Autonomous Mobility. Presently he serves as a member of the Chicago Taskforce on the Future of Transportation and Mobility.
Over the course of his career, Collie has led dozens of large-scale transformation and growth efforts where he has helped clients in North America, Europe, China, India, and Latin America to define the strategic agenda and build the capabilities needed to deliver step change growth and maximize shareholder return.
Click here to listen to the Audio Interview.
GlobalAutoIndustry.com is the leading global business intelligence source for the automotive industry, connecting the worldwide auto supplier industry with the resources to effectively do business globally. Through the website, GlobalAutoIndustry.com, auto supplier executives can find insight, solutions and strategies focused on doing business in the world’s top automotive markets. Global Business Professor is the leading online education company helping corporate professionals and business school students learn practical, up-to-date international business skills. Global Business Professor offerings include on-demand seminars from practicing experts around the world, audio interviews, online courses, reports, studies and international business eJournals.