NEXUS hosted its first event of the new year, a hybrid in-person and virtual gathering of N! suppliers during which outlined a “roadmap” for progress in 2022.
Hosted in Frankfurt, the event was attended by approximately 55 supplier representatives with more than 100 participating via a digital platform, said NEXUS.
CEO Gael Escribe said the Nexus team had worked intensively over the past two years “seeding the field” to prepare the N! community for the future. “We owe you more than business as usual, this is the promise that Nexus gives to its entire community, and 2022 will see the blooming of all these activities,” Escribe noted.
A key element of future strategy is to support the N! Community to move from just parts selling activity to a parts and services model. To achieve this, Nexus will identify ready-to-market services at an early stage and integrate them into its service portfolio, creating new revenue opportunities for N! members and suppliers.
During the event, the Nexus management team outlined the support available to N! suppliers to help them develop their business, along with opportunities to join new, innovative projects.
Among the initiatives highlighted were:
- An extension of the manager and N! business developer team to support suppliers’ growth, including aiding the transition to new business models
- The creation of a ‘full service’ structure to help suppliers forecast and manage stocks, sell and support their products. Established in Africa and the Middle East, the aim is to roll this out to all N! suppliers
- That Nexus is the first ITG to appoint a Customer Experience Director, enabling it to get even closer to members and suppliers, wherever they are in the world
- The creation of a Corporate Communication and Sustainability Director role, with the task of championing sustainability initiatives, including the first annual aftermarket ‘Climate Day’ in September. Also, to help suppliers to ‘green up’ and develop a green product portfolio.
- A continuing focus on new mobility solutions and digitalization, supporting start-ups and new ventures that will provide innovative services for the aftermarket of the future
- The development of an automotive aftermarket innovation market-success services platform, soon to be opened in Lyon.
“Our ambition is to give more than business as usual to our community, preparing N! members and suppliers for the mobility revolution and the sustainability challenge, while also pulling maximum growth from community strengths and increasing its impact on the market,” Escribe concluded.