Continental Automotive says it honored the performance of its best suppliers for 2022 with the prestigious “Supplier of the Year” awards. The ceremony on August 2 was the first onsite event, after three years of pandemic-related virtual presentations, where 55 international participants attended an evening in the historic Herzogssaal in Regensburg.
“We always had a strong relationship with our suppliers and became even closer in the past, very dynamic, and challenging years. Cultivating a synergistic relationship with our strategic supply base is a key to success for us – after all, “for one another” is a core corporate value at Continental,” said Nikolai Setzer, chief executive officer.
In 2022, a total of 145.5 billion components were delivered across 78 Continental locations worldwide, the company says.
“With the “Supplier of the Year” award, we emphasize that we are eager to continue our strong collaboration and shape the technological transformation in the Automotive market earlier together”, said Peter Popp, head of automotive purchasing at Continental during the ceremony.
The 10 distinguished series suppliers include:
Special Quality Award:
Supplier of the Year Awards:
• ROHM Co., Ltd. (Power Supply & Multimedia)
• Panasonic Industrial Device Motor BU (Motor Systems)
• Elec & Eltek (Standard Printed Circuit Boards)
• Mansfield Group (Deep Drawn and Spring Parts)
• Shinko Nameplate Co., Ltd. (Decorative Plastics)
Business Area specific solutions:
• Corning Automotive Glass Solutions LLC (LC Displays)
• Ningbo Sunny Automotive Optech Co. Ltd. (Optical Devices)
• Fuji Corporation (Automated Insertion Machines)
Software Engineering Services:
• GlobalLogic (Software Engineering Services)