Schaeffler was recognized as a top-performing global supplier at the 22nd annual Ford World Excellence Awards. Schaeffler was announced as a “Brand Pillar: Propulsion Choices” winner during Ford Motor Company’s virtual event on Oct. 30.
“Ford and Schaeffler enjoy a long-standing relationship to develop new technologies and ideas, and we are honored to be recognized for our groundbreaking MHT hybrid module, which helps enhance the power efficiency of the Ford and Lincoln vehicles in which it is installed,” said Schaeffler Americas CEO Marc McGrath. “Our e-mobility center of competence team in Wooster, Ohio, continues to strengthen our commitment to design, develop and manufacture new technologies for our automotive customers.”
“Ford’s annual World Excellence Awards recognize our top-performing suppliers for their contributions to our success,” said Hau Thai-Tang, chief product platform and operations officer. “Congratulations to Schaeffler for being a recipient of this coveted award. Thank you for all that you do in support of Ford Motor Company.”
Honorees were recognized for achieving the highest levels of global excellence in categories, including:
• Primary brand pillar awards in winning portfolio, propulsion choices, autonomous technology and connected services categories;
• Fitness awards for suppliers that most exemplify the framework’s principles, with an emphasis on quality, value and innovation;
• Special recognition for suppliers that deliver results exceeding expectations;
• Diverse supplier of the year and supplier diversity development corporation of the year for suppliers that excel in integrating diversity into their organization and business process;
• Sustainability supplier of the year for a supplier that improves the business environment; and
• Gold and silver for supplier manufacturing sites demonstrating superior quality, delivery and cost performance throughout the year.