Northwood University recognized eight prominent supporters of educational initiatives and learning within the automotive aftermarket industry during its annual Automotive Aftermarket Management Education Awards on Nov. 5, in Las Vegas.
The Northwood University Automotive Aftermarket Management Education Award is given annually to industry leaders throughout the country who have made noteworthy contributions to education, on any level, inside or outside of the industry.
The awards were developed in partnership with the Auto Care Association, AWDA, MEMA and Northwood University. Recipients received their honors at a luncheon program held during AAPEX 2019. Also recognized at the luncheon were graduates of the Automotive Aftermarket Professional (AAP) and Master Automotive Aftermarket Professional (MAAP) programs.
The 2019 recipients include:
· Corey Bartlett, president, Automotive Parts Headquarters Inc.
· Mike Betts, CEO, Betts Co.
· Ron Dahlhaus, general manager, Samuels Inc./Buy Wise Auto Parts
· Collin Francis, vice president – sales and marketing, Spectra Premium Industries
· Ted Hughes, director of marketing, Mahle Aftermarket Inc.
· Ryan Kooiman, director of training, Standard Motor Products
· Chris Pruitt, CEO, East Penn Manufacturing Co.
· Molly MacKay Zacker, vice president – operations, MacKay and Co.
In addition to these recipients, two individuals were presented with a special Lifetime Achievement Award for their contributions for many, many years to automotive aftermarket industry:
· Richard Hirsch, chairman, Gold Eagle Co.
· Robert Hirsch, chairman emeritus, Gold Eagle Co.
For more information about the Automotive Aftermarket Management Education Awards or Northwood University, visit www.northwood.edu, or call 800-622-9000.