Old World Industries, LLC, located in Northbrook, Ill., is seeking an electronics engineer/quality control/technical writer. The purpose is to work with 12V electronics team to develop and test new products; evaluate and maintain product design; and create, maintain and update specification documentation.
Reports to: Electronics Sales Manager
• Review all manufacturers’ product specifications and work with manufacturer to revise as necessary.
• Develop an understanding of major competitor’s product specifications to help facilitate competitiveness of product design.
• Develop new product technical specifications with manufacturer to meet Marketing’s product performance expectations; assure product competitiveness; also to meet all ANSI, FCC, UL, CSA and other required North American Market standards as they apply per product type.
• Facilitate collection of all relevant technical information from manufacturers (and the market place for prior art) for patent clearance of new products.
• Develop basic understanding of patent search results (for new products) to help determine needed information to be collected and facilitate the patent review process.
• Review manufacturer’s Industrial Product Designs and facilitate Peak Visual Brand Language (promote “The Peak Electronics Product Family Look”) for new products. • Direct redesign efforts of manufacturers and have designed/redesigned done as necessary.
• Keep on top of recent product technologies, design trends, manufacturing processes, inspection techniques for product category and work with manufacturers to promote product manufacturing cost competitiveness and state of the art product quality, product features & design.
Quality Control Responsibilities:
• Develop test protocol with outside test labs (the initial prototype testing criteria and also the final manufactured product inspection protocol)
• Review all outside test / inspection results, advise and make recommendations as necessary.
• Review product manufacturing processes and quality checks at suppliers to determine that proper processes are in place to assure product quality at manufacturer’s facilities.
Technical Manual Proofing Responsibilities:
• Review all product packaging and labels for technical correctness and to make sure that they meet all North American market required standards.
• Revise manufacturers’ product manuals as necessary to assure laymen understanding of product; correct and safe product operation; correct warning & caution notifications; and continuity of warnings & cautions all within an overall Peak Performance Electronics manuals look and format.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
• 1 or more years experience in automotive electrical / electronic engineering
• Four or more years of oral communication experience
• Experience working with desktop publishing tools, word processing, on-line documentation software and oral presentations
• Ability to work independently without significant management oversight and exercise sound judgment.
Interested applicants can submit a resume with cover letter by clicking the Apply Now button below.