MEMA Aftermarket Suppliers—part of MEMA, The Vehicle Suppliers Association—announced the inaugural committee roster of the Heavy Duty eCommerce Committee (HDeC), a new forum within the association’s Business Technology Council (BTC).
The HDeC was established in 2023 to engage in matters related to the business benefits of advancements in eCommerce, product information standards, and related efficiencies for the heavy-duty aftermarket industry and to help remove the barriers to adoption of eCommerce standards, including ACES and PIES, across the selling chain, MEMA Aftermarket Suppliers said.
“We are very fortunate to have attracted an exceptionally strong and influential group of select industry veterans who will be proactive partners in engaging with all aspects of the heavy duty industry to ensure there is comprehensive representation and interaction on matters relating to e-commerce best practices, standards adoption, and sell-chain efficiency,” said Terence O’Reilly, chairman of HDeC and president and CEO of Pricedex Software. “To ensure 360-degree input from the industry, representation has been sought from its various segments: manufacturing, distribution, technology, and associations.”
The Committee structure provides for seats for BTC Executive Committee members, BTC supplier members, a BTC affiliate member, and liaising members representing the distribution sector and industry associations.
The membership of this newly-formed industry group, by industry segment, includes:
- John Grote – COO, Grote Industries
- David McCleave – Director of Aftermarket, Hendrickson
- Matt Wolfe – Vice President & General Manager, Aftermarket, SAF-Holland
- Mike Eppes – Senior Vice President, Operations, Rush Enterprises
- Technology Providers
- John Lebel – Strategic Partnership Director, Karmak, Inc.
- Marylou Hornung – Director, Sales Operations, Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems (representing BTC)
- Jeff Paul – Vice President of Marketing, VIPAR Heavy Duty Inc. (representing the Commercial Vehicle Solutions Network [CVSN])
- Shannon O’Brien – Senior Director, Programming & Strategy, MEMA Aftermarket Suppliers
“The HDeC inaugural roster boasts a wealth of industry knowledge into the heavy duty eCommerce space,” said Collin Shaw, chief commercial vehicle officer at MEMA. “As one of the committees within the BTC, HDeC will play a pivotal role in educating, advocating for, and encouraging the use of industry and data standards for growth in the commercial vehicle aftermarket.”
The HDeC will give a presentation during the MEMA Aftermarket Technology Conference, October 9-11, in Atlanta.
For more information and to read committee member profiles, visit www.mema.org/heavy-duty-e-commerce-committee-hdec.