Heavy-duty aftermarket professionals have completed the week-long Heavy Duty Leadership (HDL) education conference, held at Northwood University. The annual program, annually offered by the University of the Aftermarket, was created to develop the business, management and leadership skills of mid-career professionals working in the North American commercial vehicle aftermarket.
Participants in this year’s HDL class – now in its seventh year – represented a wide range of heavy-duty aftermarket job functions, geographies and experiences. This year’s class included:
- Colter Adkins, TruckPro
- Dave Baker, Dorman Products
- Michael Crews, Tri-States Automotive Warehouse
- Christopher Crippen, Sanel NAPA
- Brett Delp, Dorman Products
- Tina Geraghty, Velvac Inc.
- Mengshi Guo, Panasia CVS USA Inc.
- Don Jordan, DENSO
- Travis Kokenes Mackay & Co.
- Michael Lieske, TruckPro
- John Lurz, HDA Truck Pride
- Jason Marath, 6State/TruckPro
- John Mays, Accuride Corp.
- Jim McManus, Accuride Corp.
- Michelle Montgomery, TruckPro
- Dan Neil, Commercial Vehicle Group
- Clayton Nesvick, TruckPro
- Dan Piccoli, Fras-Le North America Inc.
- Chris Robinson, AXN Heavy Duty
- Sherri Short, Dana Inc.
- John Strem, Standard Motor Products
- Ed Turnquist, Standard Motor Products
- Paul Vollmer, Advance Auto Parts
- Keith Woods, Horton Inc.
- Crystal Yao, Panasia CVS USA Inc.
The program opened on the evening of Sunday, July 8 at the Sloan Family Building for Aftermarket Studies with a keynote presentation from Meritor Aftermarket Vice President Brett Penzkofer. The week also included leadership and industry-focused sessions from faculty drawn from Northwood University’s DeVos Graduate School of Management and leaders in the commercial truck aftermarket.
The next Heavy Duty Leadership program will be held again in mid-July 2019. Heavy Duty Leadership graduates earned 3.5 continuing education units that can be applied toward their Automotive Aftermarket Professional (AAP) or Master Automotive Aftermarket Professional (MAAP) designations.
To learn more about Heavy Duty Leadership and other University of the Aftermarket programs, call 1-800-551-2882 or visit universityoftheaftermarket.com.