LEWISTON, Maine VIP Parts, Tires & Service, New England’s largest privately held automotive parts and accessories chain, has announced the recipients of its Vendor Partnership Awards. Each year, VIP recognizes its best manufacturers, distributors and rep agencies for outstanding performance. The awards were presented at the company’s Managers’ Leadership Conference, held recently at the Samoset Resort in Rockland, Maine.
The VIP Parts, Tires & Service 2011 Vendor Partnership Award recipients include:
* Gold Eagle Co. (Chicago, Ill.) Vendor of the Year
* John Hetzler & Associates (Fall River, Mass.) Rep of the Year
* Castrol/BP Lubricants USA Inc. (Wayne, N.J.) Category Management Partnership Award
* Mothers Polishes, Waxes, Cleaners (Huntington Beach, Calif.) Fill Rate Partnership Award
* Remy Power Products (Edmond, Okla.) Field Service & Training Partnership Award
* Exide Technologies (Milton, Ga.) Marketing Partnership Award
* Qualis Automotive (Troy, Mich.) New Products & Sales Growth Partnership Award
* Carroll Tire Co. (Atlanta, Ga.) Tire Vendor of the Year
Suppliers must demonstrate superior performance in the areas of delivery, sales growth, marketing and promotions, training, category management and new product development to qualify for VIPs Vendor Partnership Awards.
“We are truly appreciative that so many of our vendors have embraced our new initiatives and our efforts in the area of category management and the growth we are experiencing is a direct result of the great work being done by companies like these,” said John Quirk, president and CEO of VIP Parts, Tires & Service. “Our award-winning vendor partners have delivered quality products and superior support to our people and most importantly, to our customers.”