Every year the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) recognizes technicians who achieve top scores on certification exams, total commitment to customer satisfaction and community involvement. TBC recognized this year’s recipients for each of its three company-owned and operated retail brands: Tire Kingdom Service Centers, Merchant’s Tire & Auto Centers, and NTB Tire & Service Centers each of its three franchise brands: Midas, Big O Tires, and SpeeDee Oil Change & Auto Service.
“We’re honored to recognize the ASE Technicians of the Year representing TBC Corp. and independent franchise owners,” said Erik Olsen, TBC Corp.’s president, CEO and chairman of the board. “These technicians truly are the best of the best in the industry and, on behalf of all of TBC Corp., I would like to applaud them for continuing to advance their skillsets and for their dedication to continuous improvement.”
To become ASE certified, technicians must pass a rigorous exam and work in the industry for at least two years. To remain certified, technicians must retake and pass the exam every five years.
TBC’s 2016 recipients of ASE’s Technician of the Year Award are:
- Shawn Lemmons, of Daytona Beach, Florida, Tire Kingdom Service Centers
- Jason Trimble, of Louisa, Virginia, Merchant’s Tire & Auto Centers
- Terry Ueckart, of Kirby, Texas, NTB Tire & Service Centers
- Josh Kemmerer, of Telford, Pennsylvania, Midas
- Gary Wilson, of Louisville, Kentucky, Big O Tires
- David Winger, of Modesto, California, SpeeDee Oil Change & Auto Service
All recipients were invited to attend the at the Fall Board of Governors meeting of the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) held mid-November at the Embassy Suites in Concord, North Carolina.