As a four-day trade show, the SEMA Show has seen a trend in buyers attending the premier automotive event in Las Vegas for multiple days, with many participating the entire week of the SEMA Show. To accommodate the growing interest of buyers and provide the greatest return on investment, activities and special events are scheduled to take place each day of the 2017 SEMA Show, which takes place Oct. 31-Nov. 3.
“We recognize that buyers have choices as to which industry events they attend, and we’re grateful that they are investing in the SEMA Show,” said Peter MacGillivray, SEMA vice president of events and communications. “To ensure that attendees get the greatest value for their investment, the entire week of the SEMA Show is filled with multiple networking events, special activities and a comprehensive educational program.”
The events and activities at the SEMA Show, beyond the business that takes place on the trade show floor, are:
- Education Seminars: SEMA Showgoers have more than 60 sessions from which to choose, with the flexibility to select from a variety of days and times Monday-Friday, Oct. 30-Nov. 3. Topics focus on online marketing, customer service, staffing and accounting, and the content focuses on the industry’s unique needs by targeting small businesses in the automotive aftermarket. This year, an increased number of seminars are available on Friday, Nov. 3.
- SEMA Reveal: New for 2017 is a media sneak peek of select vehicle builds. Held during the Exhibitor Appreciation Reception on Monday, Oct. 30, the SEMA Reveal will give media exclusive access to about 10 noteworthy vehicles debuting at the SEMA Show.
- New Products Breakfast: Open to all SEMA Showgoers on Tuesday, Oct. 31, 7:30 a.m., the breakfast is where winners of the Best New Products are announced. Buyers can get a jump on what’s hot in the marketplace and winning exhibitors can promote the honor. Tickets are free, but space is limited and must be reserved in advance.
- NHRA Breakfast: Hosted by the NHRA, the annual breakfast features iconic racecar drivers in an informal setting. SEMA Showgoers can sign up for free tickets during registration, but space and tickets are limited for the event taking place Wednesday, Nov. 1.
- SEMA Industry Awards Banquet: Held annually on Thursday evening of the SEMA Show, the banquet is where the industry’s most prestigious awards are presented. With 3,000 industry professionals and celebrities in attendance, winners are announced for the SEMA Person of the Year, Manufacturer of the Year, WD of the Year, Rep Agency of the Year and Gen-III Innovator of the Year. The 2017 Hall of Fame inductees are also honored, and this year’s entertainers are legendary musicians Jimmie Vaughan, Billy F Gibbons, Jeff Beck and Michael Anthony.
- SEMA Cruise: When the SEMA Show closes on Friday evening, vehicles from the show roll out of the Las Vegas Convention Center, creating the world’s most unique parade of cars and trucks. With bleachers set up, the public is invited to join Showgoers as nearly 1,500 customized vehicles emerge after being on display to the trade-only for the past four days.
- SEMA Ignited: In addition to serving as the destination for the SEMA Cruise vehicles, SEMA Ignited, also known as the official SEMA Show after-party, includes drifting demonstrations, the filming for a nationwide TV special, crowning of the SEMA Battle of the Builders winner, celebrity appearances, vendors, music and food. Showgoers are invited to celebrate and unwind for free using their SEMA Show badge, while consumers are invited to purchase tickets to this extravaganza.
Additional details about these activities and all special events at the 2017 SEMA Show can be found at semashow.com/special-events.