Gary Desai, senior vice president and chief information officer of Auto Plus Auto Parts and Pep Boys, will present the “Aftermarket Channel Partner Spotlight” keynote address at the 2016 Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association (AASA) Technology Conference, scheduled for Sunday, Oct. 2 through Wednesday, Oct. 5, at the Marriott Suites, Clearwater, Florida.
“This presentation will demonstrate a software model for e-commerce which fully integrates the back-end operations to the front office to provide a seamless omni-channel experience to the end customer,” said Desai. “I’m looking forward to lively discussions with suppliers and channel partners while attending the event.”
“We are pleased to have Gary address the AASA Technology Conference and discuss the direction Auto Plus Auto Parts and Pep Boys will take to utilize technology to enhance its supply chain processes,” said Bill Long, AASA president and chief operating officer. “Gary’s presentation will be an integral part of our conference focus this year, ‘Connecting, Collaborating, Creating,’ to develop the roadmap to a vibrant and healthy aftermarket for the future.”
AASA says its 2016 Technology Conference will be the largest gathering of suppliers and industry partners in the event’s history, as aftermarket professionals discuss major emerging technology trends, compare ideas, develop connections with the leading technology executives in the aftermarket and gain strategies to seize opportunities in technology developments. Attendees will include IT/IS, engineers, data managers, customer service, web developers and marketing from suppliers, warehouse distributors, retailers and technology providers.
In addition to Desai’s presentation, speakers and topics at the 2016 conference will include:
- KEYNOTE: “Vehicle IoT: Making Access to Vehicles Work for Everyone,” Alan Chakra, director, Wipro
- KEYNOTE: “Connected Car Functionality for Today’s Vehicles,” Sascha Simon, founder and CEO, Driversiti
- KEYNOTE: “Smartphones Will Streamline IAM Supply Chain,” by Pavana Jain, CEO and co-founder, SHIFTMobility
- KEYNOTE: “State of Global Vehicle Data,” Jürgen Buchert, CEO, TecAlliance
- Technology Tracks for marketing/B2B, IT and heavy-duty
New for this year’s technology conference are live, on-vehicle technology demonstrations. Conference attendees will be able to experience creative technologies that connect vehicles with motorists, with repair shops and in some cases, with the traditional aftermarket supply chain.
Demonstrations scheduled to date include:
- Huf North America: Dongle and mobile app for TPMS applications
- Innova Electronics: Telematics for fleets and repair shops
- Mechanic Advisor: Dongle and mobile app for consumers and repair shops
- SHIFTMobility: Telematics-coded e-commerce application
- Voyomotive: Dongle and mobile app for consumers
More details about the 2016 AASA Technology Conference are available here.
Confirmed sponsors to date for the event are: Pricedex Software, Automotive Distribution Network, Autologue, Corcentric, Epicor, Experian, Frost & Sullivan, GCommerce, HDA TruckPride, IHS Automotive, InterTrade, JNPSoft, OptiCat, Snap36, Stibo Systems, TecAlliance and WHI. For more information about promotional opportunities at the conference, contact Ben Brucato at [email protected].