American Axle & Manufacturing presented Supplier of the Year Awards to key supplier partners at the company’s 25th Annual Supplier Day.
Crystal Engineering Services, Futronic Co. Ltd., JTEKT North America Corp. and PGI Auto Components were awarded AAM’s highest honor for their commitment to excellence and support of AAM’s mission to be the industry’s leading global driveline, metal-forming and casting supplier.
An additional 15 suppliers were honored with an AAM Supplier Excellence Award for their demonstrated excellence in delivery, launch or quality.
“Our suppliers play a critical role in the success of AAM and our support of global customers,” said Michael Simonte, AAM president. “Crystal Engineering, Futronic, JTEKT and PGI Auto are all committed to exceeding AAM requirements, providing flawless customer support and delivering technology with a focus on competitive costs. We congratulate and thank them for their hard work.”
- Crystal Engineering Solutions is a full-service engineering company that provides design solutions to the manufacturing industry. Crystal received an AAM Supplier of the Year Award for its commitment to collaboration, responsive quoting, understanding of expectations, performance standards and equipment specifications.
- Futronic Co. Ltd. manufactures motors, actuators and controllers for global automotive customers. Futronic was named a Supplier of the Year for its excellence in quality, cost transparency, innovative products, professionalism and quick responsiveness.
- JTEKT North America is a global leader in engineering and manufacturing automotive systems, bearing solutions and high-performance machine tools. JTEKT was recognized by AAM for its competitive pricing, engineering support, partnership and industry and regional government knowledge.
- PGI Auto Components is a precision manufacturer of machined casting with the capability to machine aluminum, die cast or perm mold, ductile iron or forged steel with volumes ranging from 5,000 pieces a year to 500,000 pieces a year. PGI received AAM’s Supplier of the Year Award for innovative technologies, cost competitiveness and partnership.
AAM also awarded Supplier Excellence Awards to companies that demonstrated excellence in three key categories. Winners include:
- Baoding Dongli Machinery Co. Ltd.
- Gibbs Die Casting Corp.
- Iljin Co. Ltd.
- Madison-Kipp Corp.
- Schaeffler Group USA Inc.
- Chongqing Yujiang Die Casting Co. Ltd.
- Chassix Iztapalapa
- Freudenberg-NOK Sealing Technologies
- Hyolim Industrial Co.
- Usinatech Inc.
- AAPICO Precision Co. Ltd.
- DK Motors Co. Ltd.
- K/C Welding Inc.
- Premier Thermal Solutions The Timken Co.
AAM has recognized exceptional suppliers each year since its founding in 1994. A team of AAM associates from procurement, engineering, quality assurance, manufacturing and materials management selected this year’s award winners based on AAM’s rating of its suppliers’ product quality, delivery, service and technology leadership.