RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, NC — William “Bill” Diggory, vice president and general manager of Chicago Rawhide, Elgin, Ill., has been elected 2005 chairman of the Heavy Duty Manufacturers Association (HDMA).
Diggory served as HDMA vice chairman in 2004.
Other officers are:
* Vice chairman: Dennis Kline, vice president, worldwide truck sales and marketing, ArvinMeritor Inc., Troy, Mich.
* Secretary: Mike Bozich, president of GT Development Corp., Seattle, Wash.
Richard Adams, vice president, automotive, global business development, The Timken Co., Canton, Ohio, continues on the board as immediate past chairman.
All officers serve through November 2005.
Two new directors were elected, with terms expiring in 2007:
* Vicky Black, vice president and general manager, heavy vehicle technology and systems, Dana Corp.
* Joe Plomin, senior vice president and general manager, heavy duty industrial division, Remy International Inc., Anderson, Ind.
Board members serving terms ending in 2006 are:
* Gary Smalley, president, Dayton Parts, Harrisburg, Pa.
* Thomas Splinter, vice president, sales and marketing, Gunite Corp., Rockford, Ill.
* Robert Phillips, president and CEO of Phillips Industries, Santa Fe Springs, Calif.
* Nikolas Priadka, senior vice president, engine systems and parts, Donaldson Co. Inc., Minneapolis, Minn.
Continuing on the board through 2005 are:
* Michael Bozich, president of GT Development Corp., Seattle, Wash.;
* Charles Engelbrecht, director parts sales and marketing of Transmission Technologies Corp., Farmington Hills, Mich.
* Thomas Gosnell, president, commercial vehicle systems, ArvinMeritor, Troy, Mich.
* Joseph McAleese, president of Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems, Elyria, Ohio
* Dennis Michels, president and CEO, Link Manufacturing Ltd., Sioux Center, Iowa
* Charles Reagan, national accounts manager, trucks business unit, SKF/CR, Plymouth, Mich.
* David Slaman, general manager, NAFTA: heat exchangers division, Valeo Inc., Auburn Hills, Mich.
* John Washbish, president underhood group, AFFINIA, Ann Arbor, Mich.
Tim Kraus is the group’s executive director and vice president of the Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA).
Click here to view the rest of today’s headlines.