Michelin, a world leader in sustainable mobility and innovation, today announced the first wave of speakers for Movin’On, the world’s largest collaborative event focused on solving society’s key mobility challenges.
Movin’On will bring together experts and visionaries from a broad cross-section of stakeholders in transportation, including automotive, rail, air, truck, bus, bicycle, shipping, academia, government, NGOs and non-profit organizations for break-through innovation workshops and collaborative sessions that aim to drive actions to address mobility challenges for growing urban areas.
Speakers for Movin’On 2017 include:
- The Honorable Marc Garneau, Minister of Transport (Canada)
- Shigemoto Kajihara, Vice Minister for Global Environmental Affairs, Ministry of the Environment (Japan)
- Bertrand Piccard, Initiator and Pilot, Solar Impulse
- Jean-Dominique Senard, CEO, Michelin Group
- Jean Todt, President, Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) and Special Envoy for Road Safety, United Nations
- Jun Yu, General Manager, GAC Group
Movin’On presenters also will feature:
- Patrick Bass, CEO, ThyssenKrupp North America
- Barry Einsig, Global Automotive and Transportation Executive, Cisco Systems
- Ursula Mathar, Head of Sustainability and Environmental Protection, BMW Group
- Grégoire Olivier, Director of Mobility Services, PSA Group
- Franck Rinderknecht, CEO, Rinspeed
- Alexendre Taillefer, Associate Principal, XPND Capital
- José Viegas, Secretary General, International Transport Forum (ITF) at OECD
Details for additional speakers can be found here.
Movin’On attendees can experience the latest vehicles and technologies — some never seen before — from leading innovators in mobility, including:
- Tesla will demonstrate its latest fully autonomous vehicles.
- BMW will unveil two new models in its Mini Cooper line.
- Solar Impulse 2: see the mock-up of the solar aircraft that completed a 25,000-mile trip around the world.
- Roborace: see the first driverless fully electric race car that will compete in this new motorsports series.
- Proterra: see the zero-emission electric bus that will revolutionize urban transit fleets.
- Lito Green Motion: experience the luxury design and power of the new Sora electric bike.
Movin’On, presented by Michelin in association with C2, continues the 20-year tradition established by Michelin Challenge Bibendum as one of the world’s premiere and longest-running forums for sustainable mobility. Announced in December 2016, Movin’On 2017 in Montreal invites more than 3,000 participants from 35 countries to engage in a range of dynamic forums, including an exhilarating 360-degree technological platform for plenary sessions and other experiential presentations. Movin’On also will host collaborative workshops, master classes and labs that feature cutting-edge innovation and disruptive technology. Instead of a traditional exhibit hall, Movin’On will feature an Innovation Center and “Village Start-Up,” a forum where dozens of start-up companies will present concepts for the future of mobility.
Movin’On also is open to the general public to attend. For pricing information and to register see movinon.michelin.com/en/buy-now.