Tower Automotive Announces Opening of New Joint-Venture Facility in China - aftermarketNews

Tower Automotive Announces Opening of New Joint-Venture Facility in China

Tower Automotive has officially opened a new facility for its joint venture operation in Wuhu, China. Tower Automotive owns 80 percent of the joint venture, which is called Tower Automotive (Wuhu) Company Ltd. The remaining 20 percent is owned by Chery Automotive Company, a Chinese vehicle manufacturer.

NOVI, MI — Tower Automotive has officially opened a new facility for its joint venture operation in Wuhu, China.

Tower Automotive owns 80 percent of the joint venture, which is called Tower Automotive (Wuhu) Company Ltd. The remaining 20 percent is owned by Chery Automotive Company, a Chinese vehicle manufacturer. The joint venture supplies structural suspension components and other stamped assemblies, most of which are e-coated by the company, to Chery. The joint venture was established in March 2003 and has been operating in leased facilities while the new building was under construction.

The new facility covers 28,000 square meters and has 200 employees.

“This represents a significant step forward for the growth of our business in Asia,” added Tower Automotive President and CEO Kathleen Ligocki. “With operations in Korea, Japan and India as well, we are building a significant footprint in a region where the automotive industry is growing rapidly.”

To learn more about Tower Automotive, visit: www.towerautomotive.com.

_______________________________________

Click here to view the rest of today’s headlines.

You May Also Like

PRT Launches 59 New Complete Strut Assemblies

Extending PRT’s product portfolio in North America, the new release represents nearly 12M vehicles in new coverage.

PRT-Launches-59-New-Complete-Strut-Assemblies

PRT announced the launch of 59 new complete strut assemblies for the North American market.

The launch includes application coverage for Nissan Frontier, Toyota Highlander and Mercedes E-Class models, in addition to brand-new applications, such as the Dodge Durango 2022, the Ram ProMaster City 2022, and the Mazda CX-9 2022, among others, according to PRT.

SMP Releases 2023 Corporate Sustainability Report

The report provides insight into the company’s initiatives, future goals and achievements, Standard Motor Products said.

SMP-Releases-2023-Corporate-Sustainability-Report
GSP Announces New May Part Numbers

The units released in May are in stock and ready to ship, GSP said.

GSP-Announces-New-May-Part-Numbers
Cooper Standard Issues Corporate Responsibility Report

Titled “Commitment to Excellence,” the report provides updates on key sustainability targets, initiatives and ambitions.

Cooper-Standard-Issues-Corporate-Responsibility-Report
Mevotech Expands Coverage with 188 New Part Numbers

The release covers domestic and import passenger vehicles, pickup trucks, vans, SUVs and EVs, up to the 2023 vehicle model year.

Mevotech-Expands-Coverage-with-188-New-Part-Numbers

Other Posts

MAHLE Finalizes Sale of its OEM Thermostat Business

As part of the transaction, ADMETOS is taking on around 600 employees in six countries.

MAHLE finalizes sale of its OEM thermostat business
ZF Aftermarket Releases 36 New Parts for US, Canada

ZF has introduced a total of 185 new products in 2024 under the ZF, LEMFÖRDER, SACHS, TRW and WABCO brands.

Dana Expands Spicer ReadyShaft Assembly Coverage

The addition of more than 3,000 new part numbers brings Dana’s ReadyShaft program
to over 13,000 active SKUs.

Dana-Expands-Spicer-ReadyShaft-Assembly-Coverage
Litens Aftermarket North America Elevates Sustainability Efforts

Litens said it is dedicated to achieving carbon neutrality by 2030. 

Litens Aftermarket North America Elevates Sustainability Efforts