Connect with us

Trends

SURVEY RESULTS: 83 Percent Support Push for Tariffs on Chinese Imported Tires

When asked: Do you believe a tariff on imported Chinese tires is necessary? 83 percent of AMN readers said yes, leaving just 17 percent not in favor of the tariffs.

Advertisement

AMN Editor Amy Antenora has been reporting daily on the automotive aftermarket since 2002. She also is editor of AMN Global and serves as managing editor of Counterman magazine, AMN’s sister publication for the parts distribution segment. Prior to joining Babcox Media, Amy began her career as a newspaper reporter and went on to work in public relations for two state universities. She is a graduate of Kent State University and in 2009 earned the Automotive Aftermarket Professional (AAP) designation from Northwood University’s University of the Aftermarket.

On Sept. 17, President Obama is slated this week to give his decision on how to respond to surging tire imports from China that some believe have contributed to the massive job losses and factory closures in the tire manufacturing industry today. Last month, the International Trade Commission (ITC) found that tariff relief was necessary to reduce tire imports. The ITC recommended that tariffs be placed on passenger and light truck tires from China in succession over three years — 55 percent in year one, 45 percent in year two and 35 percent in year three. The USW is urging a higher tariff in the first year so domestic tire workers get the full relief prescribed to prevent the undermining of any frontloading of inventories by Chinese exporters or U.S. importers that are dumping higher volumes prior to the President’s decision.

Advertisement
Click Here to Read More
Advertisement

When asked: Do you believe a tariff on imported Chinese tires is necessary? 83 percent of AMN readers said yes, leaving just 17 percent not in favor of the tariffs.
 
THIS WEEK’S POLL

Practically every day a new application for taking part in “social media” seems to emerge. While they can be used for personal purposes, many businesses have started to use applications such as Twitter and Facebook as new marketing tools. (To follow AMN on Twitter, go to: www.twitter.com/AMNews_Babcox.) This week, we’d like to know: Which of the following social media do you most frequently participate in?:

·    LinkedIn
·    Blogging
·    Facebook
·    Twitter
·    MySpace
·    None of them

To cast your vote, simply CLICK HERE.

Advertisement

Loading Post...

Loading Post...

Loading Post...

Advertisement

POPULAR POSTS

New Tech

Bosch Completes Sensor Portfolio For Automated Driving

New Tech

Toyota To Build Prototype City Of The Future 

New Tech

Hankook Tire To Collaborate With Amazon Web Services

New Tech

BorgWarner To Acquire Delphi Technologies

Connect