GlobalAutoIndustry.com’s latest Audio Interview “Navigating a Confluence of Global Challenges: Mobility in the Eye of the Storm” features Ryan Robinson. Robinson is a research leader supporting the global Automotive sector for Deloitte’s Consumer Industry Center at Deloitte LLP. His primary focus is creating engaging, actionable insights to deepen the conversation around key trends and issues occurring across the global automotive sector landscape.
In this 11-minute audio interview, Robinson discusses these questions about mobility in the global landscape:
- Can you give us an overview of Deloitte’s new paper, “Mobility in the eye of the storm”? What are the key takeaways?
- With the extensive challenges the pandemic has wrought since March 2020, what are some of these latest issues globally that you found most interesting or surprising in the development of this report?
- How has consumer interest changed over this period of the report and can you tell us a bit more about Deloitte’s new Vehicle Purchase Intent (VPI) Index? What trends are you seeing in the U.S. compared to other represented markets?
- With the current fossil fuel crisis and looming financial concerns among consumers, how is this impacting the consumer mindset in their approach to electric vehicles?
- One of the overarching themes throughout this historical moment is the notion that OEMs and suppliers need to reevaluate some of their existing structures and adapt to new terrain. What are you hearing in the industry that OEMs and suppliers are doing to adapt?
For the past two decades, Robinson has supported companies throughout the automotive value chain, from manufacturers and parts suppliers to private equity firms and aftermarket service providers.
He has been a frequent speaker at industry conferences and has been quoted as a subject-matter expert in major media outlets around the world.
Robinson holds degrees in philosophy, classical archaeology, and English literature from Concordia University in Montreal, Canada.
He is based in Toronto.
Click here to listen to the audio interview.
GlobalAutoIndustry.com is the leading business intelligence source for the worldwide automotive industry, connecting OEMs, OE suppliers, aftermarket and automotive technology companies with the resources to effectively do business internationally.
Publishing across multiple digital channels, www.GlobalAutoIndustry.com, produces informative content that helps industry executives uncover insights, solutions and strategies focused on doing business in the world’s top automotive markets.
Our flagship Audio Interview series and eJournal newsletters address important business and operational challenges for industry professionals. Published weekly and syndicated through leading industry media partners, our content has a distribution audience of over 1 million automotive professionals worldwide. The Interviews are syndicated through WardsAuto (US), aftermarketNews (US), ETAuto (The Economic Times of India), TU Automotive (UK), MEXICONOW, BORDERNOW, and HORSEPOWER (Mexico).