AKRON, OHIO — Babcox Publications, in partnership with the Auto International Association (AIA), is producing a special commemorative issue to honor a significant milestone for the association.
The AIA 25th Anniversary special issue will polybag with September 2006 issue of ImportCar, and will commemorate the past 25 years of AIA contributions to the vitality of the import marketplace, highlighting key events that have positioned the import marketplace on an impressive growth track.
To help provide the historical perspective for this exciting story, AIA invites member input on the following import industry questions:
1. Describe your impressions of the earlier days of the import marketplace and what the import landscape was like in the U.S.
2. What major factors contributed to the growth of the import marketplace, which really accelerated in 1979 during the second great gas shortage?
3. Compare yesterday’s import vehicles with today’s in terms of variety, technology, where they’re manufactured and parts content.
4. Compare yesterday’s import parts with today’s in terms of distribution channels, quality, availability, etc.
5. Provide any trivia or anecdotes about the import market that relate to your company, personal experiences or just the industry in general.
E-mail your responses to Mary DellaValle at [email protected] , as soon as possible, but no later than Monday, June 5.
Click here to view the rest of today’s headlines.