The Michigan Automotive Parts Association (MAPA) board of directors recently elected officers and directors during its December 7th board meeting.
Rick Tervo, of Auto Value Houghton in Houghton, Michigan, will serve as Chairman of the Michigan Automotive Parts Association (MAPA) board of directors for 2022.
Tervo is joined by fellow officers:
• Vice Chairman: Randy Foote of B & W Auto Supply in Portland, MI.
• Treasurer: Al Burch of Suburban Auto Supply in Swartz Creek, MI.
• Immediate Past Chairman: Greg Phillips of West Branch Automotive in West Branch.
Directors were elected to the following seats:
• Larry Shapland of Larry’s Auto Supply in Saginaw, Michigan, At-Large Director (first term).
• Brian Bailie, Auto Value Freeland in Freeland, Michigan, At-Large Director (re-elected second term).
• Darrell Liddell, Auto Value Bridgeport in Bridgeport, Michigan, At-Large Director (re-elected third term).
• Jeff Hubbard, Hubbard Auto Center in Onsted, Michigan, Advisory Committee Representative.
Rounding out MAPA’s board of directors are:
• Honorary Lifetime Director: Gary Deuling of Hart Automotive Supply in Hart, Michigan.
• Director (District 1): Ed Thirlby of Thirlby Automotive, Inc. in Traverse City, Michigan.
• Director (District 2): Larry Meirndorf of The Parts Place NAPA in Holt, Michigan.
• Director (District 3): Gordon Kociba of Huron Auto Parts in Bad Axe, Michigan.
Special recognition was given to:
• John LaClair of Ross Automotive Supply in Lapeer, Michigan, was honored for 11 years of exemplary service and dedication, the last four as an officer.
• Brian Reetz of Pine River Automotive in Alma, Michigan, was recognized for his contributions throughout 2020 and 2021 as Advisory Committee Representative.
• Greg Phillips of West Branch Automotive in West Branch, Michigan, was recognized for his outstanding leadership and commitment as 2020 and 2021 Chairman. Greg has been a valuable member of MAPA’s board for 19 of the last 20 years, and will serve as Immediate Past Chairman for 2022.