GlobalAutoIndustry.com’s latest Audio Interview “Building a North American Battery Metal Supply Chain – A Seafloor Solution” features Gerard Barron, chairman & CEO, The Metals Company, who says he is on a mission to help wean humanity off fossil fuels and transition to a circular resource economy.
In the 12-minute audio interview, Barron discusses these questions:
- How/what are polymetallic nodules and why are they important?
- Lots of noise at the moment about the Inflation Reduction Act and its implications for EV battery supply chains – what are the main concerns here?
- But there is no shortage of metal in the ground, including in the U.S., so what’s the problem?
- Some OEMs are turning to lower-cost LFP in light of nickel and cobalt prices and supply chain constraints. Is this a real solution?
- How can nodules help change the U.S. supply picture and establish a homegrown battery metal supply chain?
- When do you expect to enter first production?
Barron is a seasoned entrepreneur with a track record of building global companies in battery technology, media, and future-oriented resource development both as a chief executive and strategic investor.