More than 100 aftermarket professionals from a dozen countries gathered on Feb. 7-8 in Coral Gables, Florida, to explore opportunities in the global automotive aftermarket at the Global Summit, presented by the Automotive Aftermarket Supplier Association (AASA) and the Overseas Automotive Council (OAC).
“Since 1923, our Overseas Automotive Council has gathered to promote growth in international markets. Our second annual Global Summit focused on the international aftermarket, drawing participants from Canada, Colombia, Guatemala, Mexico, Puerto Rico, United Arab Emirates and others,” said AASA President and COO Bill Long. “Attendees praised the quality and depth of speakers and presentations and rated the AASA and OAC event as a highly valuable and relevant.”
“We concentrated our 2019 Summit agenda on key international markets in Latin America, China and the Middle East, which present growth opportunities for aftermarket suppliers,” said Paul McCarthy, AASA executive vice president. “In addition, participants left our conference with insights about the global aftermarket outlook and how the current trade and tariff landscape will impact their aftermarket business. We learned the global aftermarket presents significant growth opportunities: over the next couple of decades, growth rates in the global aftermarket are likely to exceed growth rates in light vehicle sales.”
In addition to McCarthy, speakers at the Summit included:
- David Barbeau, CEO, Barbeau Consulting LLC
- Gazi Bilikozen, show director, Automechanika Dubai, Jeddah, Riyadh
- Jack Garcia, director, J.M. Garcia
- Miguel Garcia, general manager Latin America, Federal Mogul Motorparts
- Caroline Perrotta, manager, operations, Intraco Corp.
- John Price, managing director, Americas Market Intelligence
- Jose Sera, vice president sales – LATAM, Gates Corp.
- Norm Young, operating principle, Industrial Opportunity Partners
- Ann Wilson, senior vice president, government affairs, MEMA
The next AASA Global Summit presented by OAC is set for Thursday and Friday, Feb. 6-7, Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, Coral Gables, Florida. Program details will be announced later this year on the AASA events webpage.
2019 AASA Global Summit sponsors included: Aftermarket International, Automechanika Dubai, J.M. Garcia, Latin Parts Expo and WHI.