This latest IMR Insight from IMR Research comes in two parts: One focuses on independent repair shop’s purchasing of private label parts and the other looks at the importance of private label and national brands within the shops.
Some key findings:
- Private Label purchases from independent repair shops is up to 47.6%, and 73.6% of shops expect to purchase more private label parts.
- Shops noted that the pandemic, affordability, and customer preference as the biggest reasons for the expected increase in purchases of private label products.
- Although the Pandemic was the highest noted reason, affordability of private label parts jumped from 19.2% to 45.4% since August 2020.
- 19.6% of those responsible for making parts purchasing decisions at the shops say they know what brand is in the private label box.
- Where a shop’s first call supplier has categories that are primarily private label, 13.7% said they always/frequently go to a different supplier for national branded parts while 72.7% of shops say they occasionally go to another supplier for those parts.
- 15.2% of shops said they definitely/very likely would switch their first call supplier if they changed to primarily private label brands with limited national brands and 33% said they would likely switch.
To view Private Label Parts Purchasing Insights, go to: https://bit.ly/3uBuRGv
To view Importance of Private Label and National Brands, go to: https://bit.ly/37Y8m5a