Premium lubricant manufacturer Idemitsu Lubricants America will introduce three new products at the 2018 AAPEX show in booth No. 6440. These new OEM-formulated Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) and Continuous Variable Transmission Fluids (CVTF) will bring the number of Idemitsu’s full line of vehicle specific ATF and CVTF products to 12, covering virtually every Asian transmission available in the American market.
Strength in Single Formulation
Multi-vehicle ATFs were introduced so quick-lubes and shops wouldn’t have to carry multiple lines of transmission fluids. However, a blanket solution like a multi-vehicle ATF is no longer a satisfactory solution due to the differentiation in OEM transmission fluid specifications, Idemitsu says. Often times, performance and longevity are compromised by manufacturers in order to be able to claim it is a multi-vehicle product
Idemitsu ATF and CVTF products are exclusively designed to meet the unique needs of specific vehicle transmission applications. They are precisely engineered to match OEM friction materials and exact viscosity requirements for “dialed-in” performance, smoother shifting, anti-shudder durability, oxidation durability and deposit control.
OEM Specific Formulas
- ATF Type HK4 – For Hyundai, Kia and Mitsubishi vehicles with automatic (non-CVT) transmissions that require the use of ATF SP-IV;
- CVTF Type TLS-FE – For Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles equipped with continuously variable transmissions requiring the use of CVTF FE; and
- CVTF Type N3 – For Nissan and Infinity vehicles equipped with XTRONIC continuously variable transmissions requiring the use of CVTF NS-3.
New Convenient 5-Quart Bottles
In addition to the new products, Idemitsu Lubricants America announced that four of the most popular Idemitsu transmission products are now available in convenient 5-quart bottles. These include the following products:
- ATF Type H Plus – For Honda vehicles equipped with automatic (non-CVT) transmissions requiring the use of ATF Z1 or DW-1;
- ATF Type TLS – For Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles equipped with automatic (non-CVT) transmissions requiring the use of ATF T-IV;
- ATF Type TLS-LV – For Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles equipped with automatics (non-CVT) transmissions requiring the use of ATF WS; and
- CVTF Type N – For Nissan and Infinities equipped with JATCO continuously variable transmissions requiring the use of CVTF NS-2.
Visit Idemitsu at the 2018 AAPEX show in booth No. 6440.