HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill. — The I-CAR International Advisory Committee (IAC) added four new members in December who will assist the committee to fulfill its mission as a communication link between the I-CAR International Board of Directors and staff with the volunteers who help deliver training to the collision inter-industry. The new members of the committee include: Leo Maki, Michigan Appraisal Service; Wendy Brent, GEICO; Roger Bloom, State Farm Insurance; and Patrice Marcil, DuPont Canada.
"I am very excited to welcome the four new members of I-CAR’s International Advisory Committee,” said Bill Stage, of Akzo Nobel Coatings and co-chairman of the Committee. “The IAC is the direct voice of I-CAR volunteers to the board of directors. The addition of the newest members provides a good cross representation of the I-CAR zones and international licensees.
“I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Paul Thompson of State Farm, Theresa Kostick of All Line CARSTAR, and Rodney Hughes in Canada, whose terms on the committee have expired,” Stage added. “Their many years of dedicated service to the International Advisory Committee have benefited the organization."
Over the past year, the International Advisory Committee has worked with I-CAR’s local volunteers to focus the training organization’s effort to improve I-CAR class attendance and develop strategies to recruit the next generation of I-CAR volunteers and instructors.
“The work of the International Advisory Committee members is extraordinarily valuable,” said John Edelen, I-CAR President and CEO. “The members provide I-CAR’s staff and Board of Directors with a connection to I-CAR’s volunteers. It supports the effective sharing of ideas and communication of information on a range of training issues important to the inter-industry. The work of the committee and the link that they provide to the volunteers is critical during these challenging times for the inter-industry.”
Doug Middleton, co-chairman of the IAC, and a founding member of I-CAR, concurred, “I am proud of our team of volunteers on the International Advisory Committee. They have exceeded all expectations in the performance of the tasks requested of them by the Board of Directors. It reminds me of our industry’s eager participation during the formative days of the I-CAR organization.”
The 2009 International Advisory Committee members include:
- Doug Middleton, Co-Chairman Retired I-CAR Regional Manager
- Bill Stage, Co-Chairman AkzoNobel Car Refinishes, N.A.
- Robert Cinibulk, Senior Advisor Retired Professional Material Damage Consultants
- Greg Gunter, Western Zone Greg’s Auto Body
- Tom Lantz, Western Zone Leading Edge
- Ken Loper, Western Zone Knudtsen Chevrolet Body Shop
- Roger Bloom, Central Zone State Farm Insurance
- Leo Maki, Central Zone Michigan Appraisal Service
- Milton Parrish, Eastern Zone Parrish Body Shop
- Wendy Brent, Eastern Zone GEICO Insurance
- Bob Rogers, Eastern Zone State Farm Insurance
- Patrice Marcil, Canada DuPont Canada
- Robert Renwick, New Zealand I-CAR New Zealand
- Richard Pratt, Australia I-CAR Australia