Hankook Tire announced new executive appointments made to further its goal of becoming a global top-tier company by enhancing global competitiveness. The changes will take effect on Jan. 1, 2018.
Hankook Tire appointed Soo Il Lee as president and CEO of Hankook Tire. He will serve alongside CEO Hyun Bum Cho as a separate representative of the company.
Lee will oversee Hankook Tire’s management, using experience gained by serving as chief operating officer of Hankook Tire’s America & China headquarters, and as chief marketing and corporate management officer. Along with President Lee, one executive vice president, five senior vice presidents and 17 vice presidents also were appointed. Hankook Tire has restructured its organization to respond to the global market and customers with more agility.
Vice Chairman Seung-hwa Suh, serving as the CEO of Hankook Tire since 2007 and leading the company’s growth toward a global top tier company, will retire and serve in an advisory role.
New positions include:
President and CEO
- Soo Il Lee, Hankook Tire separate representative
Executive Vice President
- Dong Whan Moon, chief operating officer of Production Division
Senior Vice President
- Sung Ho Chung, plant managing director of Chongqing plant, China headquarters
- Seung Bin Lim, division director of marketing division
- Sang Hoon Lee, department director of sales and strategy, China headquarters
- Yong Sub Chung, managing director of Australia, Asia region
- Eui Don Suh, plant managing director of Jiaxing plant, China headquarters
- Man Joo Kim, department director of distribution, Asia region
- Hyang Bong Kim, team manager of Jiangsu plant, China headquarters
- Byung Hee Kim, America headquarters corporate management team manager