FCA honored 31 supplier partners across 19 categories recently during the virtual 2020 North America Annual Supplier Conference and Awards program. The Supplier of the Year awards recognize companies that have shown exceptional commitment to FCA, providing innovative and high-quality products and services.
FCA honored 31 supplier partners across 19 categories Friday, Oct. 23 during the virtual 2020 North America Annual Supplier Conference and Awards program. The Supplier of the Year awards recognize companies that have shown exceptional commitment to FCA, providing innovative and high-quality products and services.
“The transformational changes we made in 2019 built a strong foundation for the wave of product launches coming out of FCA, and today we spotlighted those suppliers who took their work to the next level,” said Martin Horneck, head of purchasing and supply chain management, FCA – North America. “These are the ‘best of the best’ in our industry and they will continue playing a leading role in our collective success.”
Unique this year, FCA honored 13 companies in the Innovation category for their role in developing the all-new Uconnect 5. Through collaboration and innovation, the team of suppliers helped to make the platform the most advanced Uconnect system ever. FCA also expanded its recognition for supply chain logistics firms by adding three categories: finished vehicle logistics, logistics services, and parts and materials logistics.
The FCA North American 2020 Suppliers of the Year are:
- Body Supplier of the Year – Toyoda Gosei North America Corp.
- Capital Equipment Supplier of the Year – PA Solutions
- Chassis Supplier of the Year – Prime Wheel
- Diversity Supplier of the Year – Adient LLC
- Electrical Supplier of the Year – Veoneer US Inc.
- Engine Systems Supplier of the Year – Denso
- Finished Vehicle Logistics Supplier of the Year – BNSF Railway
- Foundational Principles Supplier of the Year – Metalsa
- Innovation Supplier of the Year – AlpsAlpine, Amazon Alexa, Continental, Google, Harman, Hyundai Mobis, Marelli, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Nippon Seiki North America, Panasonic Automotive, SiriusXM, TomTom, VOXX Automotive
- Interior Supplier of the Year – Mayco International
- Logistics Services Suppliers – Penske Logistics
- Mopar Supplier of the Year – MRC Manufacturing
- Parts and Materials Logistics – EHS Trucking
- Powertrain Supplier of the Year – Guangdong Hongtu Technology
- Raw Material Supplier of the Year – Worthington Industries
- Services Supplier of the Year – Marketsource Canada Inc.
- Supply Chain Management Supplier of the Year – Nippon Seiki North America
- Sustainability Supplier of the Year – Accenture
- Value Optimization Supplier of the Year – Irvin
Award recipients were determined based on an evaluation of each company’s 2019 supplier scorecard performance – a rating system that evaluates supplier performance in quality, delivery, cost and warranty – and input from FCA senior leadership. Foundational Principles winners represent those companies that have demonstrated extraordinary partnership, collaboration, transparency and integrity. Winners for innovation, sustainability and diversity categories were submitted by the suppliers and vetted by FCA senior leadership.
FCA also awarded 21 global production suppliers for their outstanding quality. To qualify, the supplier’s North American manufacturing location had to have 100 percent warranty and incoming material quality scores.
FCA holds regional annual supplier conferences across the globe.