EuroVent Vehicle Exhaust Extraction, a division of JohnDow Industries, recently introduced another enhancement for exhaust extraction. The new Micro Activation Switch is an optional on/off switch mounted on retractable hose reels and is activated when the exhaust hose is retracted for operation. The exhaust extraction system is triggered once the hose is pulled down from the reel and turned off when retracted back into the reel.
“This energy saving feature allows the EuroVent system to run only when needed without having to power on with a single mounted switch,” said Robert Christy, vice president of sales and marketing for JohnDow. “The fan speed will increase or decrease automatically depending on how much more or less air flow is required. The optional Micro-Switch for spring retractable fixed hose reels is used in conjunction with our standard motor starter or Variable Frequency Drive (VFD). This is truly an exciting new optional feature that makes the Eurovent systems even better and more efficient.”
Standard motor starter features include:
• 24v low-voltage wire signals motor starter to turn on/off fan
• Fan turns on when the hose is pulled down and turns off when the hose is retracted
• A series of reels can be wired parallel to one motor starter
• Proven energy-saving feature
• No longer one central on/off switch in the shop
Variable frequency drive (VFD) features include:
• Pressure sensing control in VFD regulates fan speed depending on the number of hose reels in use
• Fan will increase and/or decrease in speed for additional or less air flow needed
• Additional energy savings by not using full fan power unless needed
EuroVent designs and installs exhaust extraction systems that guarantee the efficient removal of harmful exhaust fumes as well as reducing energy consumption and air loss. The experienced engineers on staff will design an extraction system that meets a facility’s unique requirements, budget and timetable. EuroVent designs systems for new facilities and renovations. EuroVent is approved by all major vehicle manufacturers in North America, JohnDow adds.