The DieHard brand announced today it is celebrating 50 years in business with the launch of DieHard products on Amazon.com. Starting today an assortment of DieHard jump starters, battery chargers and maintainers are available for purchase at amazon.com/diehard. Passenger car tires and automotive batteries will be added to Amazon.com in early 2018.
“DieHard is America’s most trusted and preferred automotive battery brand and the collaboration with Amazon makes it easier for millions to shop the brand,” said Tom Park, president of Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard brands at Sears Holdings. “As we have previously stated, we want to diversify the revenue streams of our iconic brands and launching on Amazon.com will significantly expand the distribution and availability of the DieHard brand in the U.S., building on the success of our recent Kenmore appliances launch on Amazon.com.”
DieHard products now available on Amazon.com include:
- Jump starters: An assortment of portable power products meet the performance needs of batteries. These include the DieHard compact lithium jump starter plus phone charger, which can top off a phone’s charge and even jump start a 6-cylinder engine.
- Vehicle battery chargers and maintainers: A selection of compact shelf chargers and high-powered wheel chargers are available. These include the Wi-Fi enabled DieHard smart charger and maintainer, which allow users to check and charge their battery from a smart device, providing convenience and peace of mind.
DieHard products coming soon to Amazon.com include:
- DieHard Advanced Gold Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) batteries – The non-spillable batteries are designed to provide greater maintenance-free reliability and performance during severe weather such as snow, extreme cold, sleet, rain and heat. The battery also is specifically designed to power today’s vehicles, which draw more energy for start/stop ignitions and accessories, such as onboard DVD, navigation systems and back-up cameras.
- Passenger tires – DieHard Silver Touring All-Season tires are engineered with rugged quality and innovation, inside and out. Key features include:
o Nylon belt edge layers, which increase steering response and cornering.
o Tension control technology, which optimizes ground contact and distributes pressure for better braking and less wear.
o Cross-angle sipes, which create biting edges for better traction in wet/wintry conditions.
o Tire profile optimization, which enhances performance by uniformly expanding the center and shoulder region of the contact area.
o Advanced carbon tread compound, which promotes long, healthy tire life.
o 70,000-mile limited warranty, which provides lasting customer satisfaction.
DieHard has demonstrated its power as a brand in the past two years with the successful launch of the DieHard Silver Touring A/S passenger car tires. A national survey among automotive tire purchasers in late 2015 ranked DieHard among the top-five leading tire brands, even though DieHard tires did not exist at the time. Within six months of launching in August 2016 at Sears Auto Centers, DieHard tires became one of the leading passenger tire brands at Sears.
Other recent innovations from the DieHard brand include:
- Launch of the Wi-Fi smart battery maintainer that remotely provides vehicle battery health on a smart phone or tablet, giving users peace of mind.
- Launch of a compact lithium jump starter plus smart phone charger. It is compact, yet powerful enough to jump start up to 20 vehicles on a single charge.
- The opening of three DieHard Auto Centers in San Antonio; Troy, Michigan, and Roseville, Michigan. They offer state-of-the-art technology and services in a contemporary, comfortable setting – that, combined with service from our experienced associates, can help today’s drivers make the right choices for their vehicle’s needs.