RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C. Dennis Michels, president and CEO for Link Manufacturing, was elected 2009 chairman of the Heavy Duty Manufacturers Association (HDMA) at the group’s Nov. 12 board of directors meeting. He succeeds Joseph McAleese, president and CEO of Bendix CVS. Michels has been a member of the HDMA board since 2004 and was most recently the 2008 vice chairman.
Other HDMA board officers elected include:
· Vice chairman Terry Keating, chairman, Accuride Corp.
· Vice chairman Jack Shaffer, president and COO, Bergstrom
Joseph McAleese, president and CEO of Bendix CVS, will remain on the board as immediate past chairman and is a current member of the Motor Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA) board of directors.
New members of the HDMA board are:
· Pat Cavanaugh, president and COO, Williams Controls
· Pedro Ferro, president, Webb Wheel
· Tim Meyer, vice president and GM, Alcoa CV Wheel
Directors continuing to serve on the HDMA board include:
· Vicky Black, president and CEO, Fabory North America
· John Coll, vice president and general manager, Eaton Aftermarket and Vorad
· Tim Kraus, president and COO, HDMA
· Bob McKenna, president and CEO, MEMA
· Tim Musgrave, president and CEO, PSI International
· Ed Oeltjen, president, Consolidated Metco
· Ron Parker, chairman, president and CEO, MGM Brake/Indianhead Industries
· Bob Phillips, president and CEO, Phillips Industries
· Joe Plomin, vice president and general manager, truck products, ArvinMeritor CVS
· Gary Smalley, president and CEO, Dayton Parts
· Jim Wojciehowski, vice president and general manager HVTSS, Dana Corp.