Dayco announced the expansion of its water pump lineup to include coverage for almost 30 million vehicles that require an electric water pump, with more parts expected to be introduced in 2023.
“According to industry research, the global market for this product line reached more than $3.1 billion at the end of 2021,” said Tom Tecklenburg, director of Aftermarket, Dayco North America. “It is forecasted to double to almost $7 billion by 2027, so we wanted to be at the ready to help our channel partners as the demand for these parts in the aftermarket builds.”
Originally found on high-end vehicles, today’s electric water pumps are installed in many model passenger cars, and light- and medium-duty trucks, and are notably more common in turbo and supercharged vehicles as well as vehicles with start/stop technology, EVs and BEVs, according to Dayco.
Dayco says features of its line of electric water pumps includes:
- OE-quality performance
- Meets critical electrical performance benchmarks
- Designed as direct fit bolt-on replacements that do not require any modifications during installation
- Engineered using stainless steel for all water-contact components to prevent rust and premature failure
- All pump bearings are self-lubricating, graphite composite, making them corrosion resistant and compatible with engine coolants.
- Extended 125,000-mile warranty
For more information, visit na.daycoaftermarket.com.