RANCHO CORDOVA, Calif. — The California/Nevada/Arizona Automotive Wholesalers’ Association (CAWA) has awarded scholarships to 25 students for the 2011-2012 academic year.
In conjunction, CAWA announced the recipient of the Mort Schwartz Award, Chambers Watkins-Blackshear (Andrew), a student at Miramar College in San Diego. Blackshear demonstrated outstanding goals and achievements and is well-deserving of this high honor, CAWA noted.
Along with Blackshear, the CAWA scholarship winners include:
· Carrine Greaves, Oakland, CA
· Nina Hunter, Tempe, AZ
· Cortney Zellman, Roseville, CA
· John Geiger, Red Bluff, CA
· Maureen Moscoso, Pacifica, CA
· April Craven, Santa Paula, CA
· Jimmy Ho, Castro Valley, CA
· Joe Grado, Jr., Tempe, AZ
· Michael Rydz, Eureka, CA
· Noel Myers, Vacaville, CA
· Rachel Feliciano, Las Vegas, NV
· Sandra Ingersoll, Redding, CA
· Vince Contorno, Sacramento, CA
· Alan Erese, Avondale, AZ
· Wade Wontorek, Fiddletown, CA
· Kari Morey, Glendale, AZ
· Luis Peralta, Caliente, CA
· Josh Donovan, Avondale, Arizona
· Michelle Perez, Half Moon Bay, CA
· Ronald Yoder, Hemet, CA
· Marc Chenez, Camarillo, CA
· Nicole Kelsey, Tucson, Arizona
· Alisha Williams, Citrus Heights, CA
· Arturo Cabral, Los Angeles, CA
CAWA said it continues to improve its scholarship program.
"Not only did we increase the amount of funds this year, but [we] also increased the number of scholarships to 25 students representing all three states; an accomplishment that we are very proud of," said Julie Snyder, director of operations, CAWA.
Scholarship Task Force Chair Borise Cota, of Akebono, added, "It’s very rewarding to be able to provide assistance to so many well-qualified and deserving candidates. I encourage our members and students to continue to apply each year."
Funds are raised annually at the CAWA Annual Membership Dinner through registrations and a live auction. To make a monetary contribution or to donate a prize for the auction, please contact Julie Snyder. All contributions are tax deductible, and you and your business will receive great recognition for the support.
Applicants for CAWA’s awards were taken through the automotive scholarship website, www.automotivescholarships.com. New applications may be submitted beginning on Sept. 1, for the 2011-2012 school year.