Richard Corey, executive officer of the California Air Resources Board (CARB), will be a speaker at the upcoming CAWA Leadership Meeting on June 22 in Newport Beach, California. He will join other industry colleagues in presenting contemporary automotive issues to the attendees.
All CAWA members and industry colleagues are invited to attend. Click this link for reservations.
CAWA presented Corey with the following list of discussion issues in preparation for the meeting:
- OBD cyber security measures
- Emissions issues/regulations
- VOC issues /regulations (if under the purview of CARB)
- R-134 a refrigerant issues/consumer education
- Impending new regulations on the Prop 65 deadline of Aug. 30
- Examination of other and future automotive related issues to be undertaken by CARB
- How can CAWA, as an automotive trade association, assist CARB in its mission and communications to the industry?
“This is the first time that the CARB executive officer, the main person, will take the time to discuss issues of mutual interest with our members and colleagues and we are pleased to bring this event to the industry,” said Rodney Perini, CAWA’s president and CEO.
CAWA is a regional auto care industry trade association, which represents auto parts jobbers, warehouse distributors, retailers, manufacturers, manufacturer representatives and program groups. The association provides education, legislative, regulatory and business support to the industry and its membership. It is one of the largest trade associations of its kind in the United States and recognized as a leader in the auto care industry.