AUBURN HILLS, MI — Eight of the “10 Best Engines 2006” selected by Ward’s Auto World are equipped with systems and components from the BorgWarner Engine Group, according to the parts maker.
“All but two of this year’s ‘Best Engines’ include BorgWarner engine products, and we congratulate our winning customers — Audi, BMW, Ford, General Motors, Mazda, Nissan, and DaimlerChrysler,” said Tim Manganello, BorgWarner chairman and CEO. “Systems and components for engines now account for about 67 percent of our global business. We are proud to contribute the important benefits of fuel economy, reduced emissions and enhanced performance to these notable powertrains of the new model year.”
The winning engines featuring BorgWarner components and systems include:
* Audi AG 2L FSI turbocharged DOHC I-4 turbocharger
* BMW AG 3L DOHC I-6 — air pump
* DaimlerChrysler AG 5.7L Hemi Magnum OHV V-8 — timing system, solenoid exhaust gas recirculation valve and viscous fan drive
* Ford Motor Co. 4.6L SOHC V-8 — timing system, oil pump and viscous fan drive
* General Motors Corp. 2L supercharged DOHC I-4 — air pump
* General Motors 2.8L turbocharged DOHC V-6 — air pump
* Mazda Motor Co. Ltd. 2.3L DISI turbocharged DOHC I-4 turbocharger
* Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. 3.5L DOHC V-6 — timing system
Nominations for the award are limited to engines that are available in a regular-production vehicle available for sale in the current calendar or model year, and are fitted in a passenger vehicle with a total base price of no more than $52,500.
For more information about BorgWarner, go to: www.borgwarner.com .
Click here to view the rest of today’s headlines.