AWE, the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-based manufacturer of engineered exhaust products for enthusiast vehicles, announced the release of its all-new, 50 state-legal catback exhaust configurations for BMW’s F8X M3 and M4.
“AWE has a commitment to producing 50-state legal exhausts, and our Gen2 F8X Exhaust offerings achieve just that,” said AWE vice president, Jesse Kramer. “We accomplished a very tricky task, not once… but twice, and that’s making the S55 sound radical. This time, drivers will have the peace of mind of keeping all of their catalysts in place while also unlocking the performance and sound AWE is known for.”
The exhaust suite will feature AWE’s valved SwitchPath Exhaust that retains all factory valve behavior and their Track Edition Exhaust for those who are looking for maximum aggression and weight reduction.
Features and benefits of the new product suite, according to AWE, include:
- Unified design for OPF euro and non-euro spec cars (2015 – 2021 fitments confirmed)
- 50-state legal catback design: sick sound with all catalysts intact
- Precision-engineered X-pipe to unlock a clean S55 tone
- Available as valved SwitchPath or rowdy Track Edition
- SwitchPath utilizes factory valving and retains M-Sport button functionality
- 3” CNC mandrel-bent catback configuration
- Max gains of 12 hp and 16 ft.-lbs. of torque at the wheels
- Track Edition comes complete with AWE machined mechanical valve simulators
- Tip options include 102mm double-walled, slash-cut tips in chrome silver or diamond black
- Handcrafted from U.S.-sourced 0.065″ wall T304L stainless steel
- Proudly engineered, designed, and manufactured in-house at AWE
- No Check Engine Light Guarantee
- Perfect Fitment Guarantee
- Features the AWE Lifetime Exhaust Warranty
AWE’s second-generation SwitchPath and Track Edition Catback Exhausts will be sold via AWE’s website and through AWE’s global network of choice retailers.