The Auto Care Association has announced a new trade mission to Colombia on June 5-6, 2019, which is open to all companies in the automotive aftermarket industry. The trade mission serves as a business development opportunity for companies in the auto care industry seeking to gain first-hand market information and to meet with potential clients and partners. Meetings are pre-screened to match each participant’s specific business objectives.
Participants will have the opportunity to visit EXPOPARTES, the largest Colombian automotive parts fair organized by Asopartes, a Colombian trade association representing auto parts importers and distributors. Expopartes features more than 280 local and international exhibitors with more than 25,000 visitors anticipated for 2019.
Trade mission packages include:
- Pre-arranged private business-to-business meetings;
- hotel accommodations;
- local transportation;
- market overview briefings; and
- networking reception.
The trade mission is open to all companies in the industry, with qualifying companies eligible to receive an offset of the trade mission package cost. Auto Care Association members will receive a reduced rate.
“We have had great success in finding highly motivated individuals and locally established businesses to meet with us face-to-face and discuss acquiring our products,” said Santiago Estrada, international account executive, Warco Products and past trade mission participant.
- Under the U.S.-Colombia Free Trade Agreement, most auto parts enter the market tariff-free.
- Tariffs on other parts will be reduced to zero over the next one-to-five years.
- The United States is Colombia’s largest trading partner.
- With 49 million inhabitants, Colombia is the fourth largest economy in Latin America.
- Colombia has five commercial hubs, in contrast to most Latin American countries that have only one or two major cities.
- U.S. exports to Colombia in 2017 were valued at USD $13.3 billion.
The association has hosted seven successful trade missions in the past three years to key markets in Latin America.
For pricing details and to register visit autocare.org/trade-missions.