GlobalAutoIndustry.com’s latest Audio Interview, “E-commerce in Latin America: A New Business Channel in the Independent Aftermarket,” features Fernando Murguia, managing director Mexico/regional sales director Central America, and Latin American automotive aftermarket expert.
In the 15-minute Audio Interview, Murguia discusses the following questions:
- How will the e-commerce channel impact the independent aftermarket in Latin America?
- What are some of the opportunities to participate in the emerging e-commerce in Latin America?
- What are the challenges to participate in e-commerce in Latin America?
- What are the differences between the traditional ecosystem in the independent aftermarket, compared with the e-commerce ecosystem?
- What are key actions to participate in the e-commerce in Latin America?
About Fernando Murguia
Fernando Murguia is native from Mexico City and has collaborated in different automotive market intelligence companies for more than 20 years. He received his bachelor’s degree from the Technological University of Mexico, where he also completed an MBA. He also has done post studies in marketing and new businesses development at the Stanford Graduate School of Business.
Fernando is currently collaborating as managing director with TecAlliance de México, a company specialized in the development of systems and market intelligence for the automotive aftermarket. In this assignment, he is leading the business activities of TecAlliance in México and Central America collaborating with parts manufacturers and parts distributors in the region.
Since January 2019, Fernando is member of the board of directors of the National Association of Representatives, Importers and Distributors of Automotive Spare Parts and Accessories (ARIDRA), where he is collaborating in the representation and serving the members of the association in different business areas.
Click here to listen to the 15-minute Audio Interview with Fernando Murguia.