GlobalAutoIndustry.com’s latest Audio Interview, “5 Systemic Disconnects Accelerating Global OEM-Supplier Costs” features Sam Yankelevitch. Yankelevitch is the author of several books including “Lean Communication,” “Global Lean: Seeing the New Waste Rooted in Communication, Distance and Culture” and his most recent book, “Walking the Invisible Gemba,” where he ties quality with communication. Yankelevitch also is a LinkedIn learning Instructor on global project management. He combines more than 30 years of global industry and supply chain experience with quality and continuous improvement methodologies. As a former automotive executive, Yankelevitch has helped numerous organizations end their struggle with bad results caused by miscommunication.
In the 11-minute Audio Interview, Yankelevitch discusses these questions:
- The word “disconnect” sounds like a problem of communication, or, lack of, or miscommunication, so how is this related to the OEM and its suppliers?
- You just mentioned design, and I understood the late design delivery problem, but I sense there is more to this story? Is there an additional systemic disconnect?
- Shouldn’t it be up to the Tier 1 to take care of their Tier 2 and so on down the chain? What’s happening in reality?
- How or when did you see these issues? How did you deal with these issues? Are there other disconnects you know about?
- You discuss four systemic disconnects, which is the fifth? And can you please share some final thoughts and ideas on how to improve these disconnects?
Click here to listen to the 11-minute Audio Interview with Sam Yankelevitch.