To pay homage to one of the nation’s most storied automotive brands, America’s Car Museum – the largest automotive museum in North America – will celebrate Chevrolet in its Summer Drive Series.
The “See the USA in Your Chevrolet” display runs through Oct. 14.
The Summer Drive Series is one of the museum’s rotating displays, showcasing the vehicles that once adorned Route 66 during the golden age of American motoring. As demonstrated by this year’s collection of Chevys, the museum will deliver nearly a dozen examples from the brand’s early history.
“’Route 66: Dream of the Mother Road’ has been one of our most memorable exhibits because it harkens back to the time when Americans explored the country by journeying one of the original highways in the U.S. highway system,” said America’s Car Museum Curator of Collections Renee Crist. “The iconic Dinah Shore ‘See the USA in Your Chevrolet’ advertising campaign from the ’50s was a fitting theme for this year’s Summer Drive Series of incredible Chevys.”
The full list of vehicles in “Route 66: See the USA in Your Chevrolet” includes:
- 1919 Chevrolet FB Baby Grand Touring Sedan
- 1927 Chevrolet AA Capitol Imperial Landau Sedan
- 1931 Chevrolet Independence Cabriolet
- 1939 Chevrolet Master Deluxe Coupe
- 1942 Chevrolet Blackout Master Deluxe
- 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air Convertible
- 1958 Chevrolet Bel Air Impala Special Sport Coupe
- 1959 Chevrolet Impala Sport Coupe
- 1960 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible Coupe
- 1966 Chevrolet Nova Super Sport Coupe
- 1972 Chevrolet El Camino Pickup
A full events and activities calendar can be found at americascarmuseum.org.