Allison Transmission has announced a significant revision to its industry-leading iSCAAN program. Designed to assist Allison Transmission and its business partners, the iSCAAN (internet System for Computerized Application ANalysis) program optimizes vehicle configurations, evaluates vehicle acceptability and predicts vehicle performance for more than 20 vocational applications. Since 1976, vehicle and component manufacturers, Allison Transmission Sales and Service Network and Allison Transmission Engineering have used iSCAAN worldwide to ensure end-user customer vehicles and specialized equipment with Allison transmissions deliver premium performance with unrivaled reliability and durability.
Available soon, Next Generation iSCAAN will enable users to more efficiently create iSCAAN applications and interpret results. To meet the expressed needs of iSCAAN users, many new features and functionalities were added, such as:
- Results Comparison Utility allows evaluation of key metrics of up to six applications.
- Matrix analysis quickly evaluates changes to Shift Calibration Features and Driveline Ratios.
- Draft or incomplete iSCAAN applications are saved for editing and completion at the user’s convenience.
- User-defined templates streamline the creation of applications.
- Standard graphical and tabular display of results enhances reporting. Application submissions are automated, but require additional integration with OEM business systems.
- Simulation tools evaluate vehicle performance or fuel economy of Allison features, such as Acceleration Rate Management and FuelSense 2.0.
Next Generation iSCAAN supports all commercially available Allison Transmission On-Highway, Off-Highway and H 40/50 EP electric hybrid bus transmission models. Support for future EV products is expected in late 2020.