DETROIT — Two-time CART FedEx Series Champion and Winner of the 2003 Indianapolis 500, Gil de Ferran, has been confirmed as a speaker in the SAE 2004 World Congress, to be held at Cobo Center in Detroit, Mich., March 8-11.
The charismatic Brazil native will join an all-star group of racing experts in a session entitled “Passion for Performance” – The Transfer of Technology from Racing to High Performance Cars, to be held on Tuesday, March 9, 2004 at 1:30 p.m. in the Dana Technical Innovation Forum, part of the SAE World Congress Exhibition. The session will examine the synergies between motorsports and commercial vehicle engineering and will highlight the impact of racing technology on production vehicles.
The session will be moderated by Peter Schoeggl, AVL LIST GmbH, and will include the following panelists:
– Jeff Carter, Marketing Director – Europe,
– Dana Glacier, Vandervell Bearing;
– Herbert A. Fishel, CEO, Business of Motorsports;
– Andrew L. Randolph, Director, Engine Development, Hendrick Motorsports;
– Peter W. Spence, VP & Technical Director, Toyota Racing Development;
For more information about the SAE World Congress, go to: www.sae.org/congress.
Click here to view the rest of today’s headlines.