SAF-HOLLAND, a global manufacturer of trailer and truck suspensions, fifth wheels, landing gear and coupling products, has completed its final initiative in its commitment to serving aftermarket customers and move onto the next phase by introducing Gold Line Quality Parts brand, powered by SAF-HOLLAND.
In 2010, SAF-HOLLAND says it made a commitment to serve the needs of its aftermarket customers by establishing a series of five major initiatives:
- A dedicated aftermarket external sales team, which calls not only SAF-HOLLAND distributors but the parts departments of truck and trailer dealers
- A complete aftermarket-focused internal customer service group to support the external sales team and fulfill the unique needs of all SAF-HOLLAND aftermarket customers
- A comprehensive parts catalog that now has more than 20,000 parts
- A distribution center in Cincinnati, Ohio, to serve the needs of aftermarket customers
- An electronic catalog, Parts on Demand, which enables fast and economical buying of parts
To further enhance and serve aftermarket customers, the Gold Line offering will expand the products SAF-HOLLAND supplies to the aftermarket, SAF-HOLLAND says. Gold Line Quality Parts brand are high-quality parts that are held at or above industry standards for cost-sensitive North American vehicles in their second life.
“Gold Line Quality Parts brand will allow us to offer an expanded portfolio of quality replacement part options that are readily available, and more economical than ever before,” said Carl Mesker, vice president, SAF-HOLLAND’s Aftermarket Business Unit.
With Gold Line, SAF-HOLLAND says it is able to offer an expanded parts line because of its current and new supplier partnerships as well as the company’s global knowledge of heavy-duty parts. Currently, Gold Line Quality Parts brand offers landing gear accessories, brake chambers, tapered wheel bearings, kingpin lock, air springs and grease, as well as the entire Gabriel shock and TSE brake chamber lines. Within the next year, Gold Line will expand brake and wheel-end offerings. Each part carries a standard one-year, limited warranty except on various parts like the brake chamber “Good, Better, Best” program and the Gabriel SLX line of shocks absorbers.