Multi Parts has announced its SPARK2015 Luminaries. SPARK2015 is a three-day industry immersion symposium, created by MultiParts and taking place within the AAPEX show. The SPARK Initiative was developed to introduce the next generation of aftermarket professionals to the industry at its largest, single event.
SPARK2015 participants beneﬁt from a dynamic opportunity to engage these Luminaries in an intimate and relaxed setting as they share their expertise and insights. SPARK Luminaries are true industry leaders, according to Multi Parts. “It’s hard to overstate the level and depth of these men and women. I doubt SPARK participants can yet appreciate how rare it is to have access to one of these individuals, much less 17 of them,” said Multi Parts President Brian Cohn.
Brian Cohn continued, “I’m thankful that our Luminaries are partnering with Multi Parts for the benefit of these students and our industry. I hope every SPARK participant takes the time to read their bios and to understand what tremendous resources they are. Whether an industry icon, ranking member of our media or a veterans’ advocate, these people are here for them. And, that is special.”
Developed and underwritten by Multi Parts, the SPARK Initiative is now in its second year. This year, SPARK2015 plays host to 10 students, each of whom receive an all expense paid trip to the AAPEX show being held Nov. 3-5 at the Sands Expo in Las Vegas.
New for SPARK2015 is the addition of the Veterans’ Category. The brainchild of Multi Parts’ Chairman Barry Cohn, the Veterans’ Category “makes certain that men and women from our Armed Forces are introduced to our industry and all that it offers in a variety of career paths,” said Cohn.
- Captain Jeff Bacon, president, Wyakin Warrior Foundation
- Thomas Beer, CEO, SSF Imported Auto Parts LLC
- Steve Berman, executive chairman, Dorman Products Inc.
- Rex Green, global co-head, Automotive Aftermarket Group at Jefferies
- State Sen. Marv Hagedorn, co-founder and vice president, Wyakin Warrior Foundation
- Bill Hanvey, senior vice president, Programs and Member Services, Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association
- Lorraine Kornafel, retired
- Pete Kornafel, retired
- Michael Lambert, retired, former president, Automotive Distribution Network
- Jeff McCurley, president and general manager, MotoRad
- David Miller, vice president, aftermarket global marketing and product management, Gates Corp.
- Kimberly Mitchell, president and co-founder, Easter Seals Dixon Center for Military and Veterans Services
- Gary Molinaro, publisher, Auto Care Week/The Greensheet
- Larry Pavey, president, Federated Group
- Kathleen Schmatz, president and CEO, Auto Care Association
- Scott Shriber, group publisher, Babcox Media
- Brent Windom, president and CEO, Auto Plus
For additional biographical information on the following 2015 Luminaries, visit http://spark.multiparts.net/spark-volunteers/luminaries/.