Ford honored Spectra Premium Industries as a top-performing global supplier at its 18th annual World Excellence Awards. Spectra was presented with a Gold Award by Hau Thai-Tang, Ford Motor Co. group vice president, global purchasing.
“Ford’s World Excellence Awards allow us to recognize suppliers that demonstrate a strong commitment to quality, performance and teamwork,” said Thai-Tang. “Spectra Premium Industries has helped Ford deliver a breakthrough year, and we are thankful they are a part of our One Ford team.”
“On behalf of Spectra Premium Industries, I would like extend many thanks to Ford Motor Co. for honoring our organization with the 2016 World Excellence Award,” said Eric Neuwirth, who oversees business development at Spectra’s OEM division. “As a key developer and supplier of fuel systems, Spectra recently produced fuel tanks for an accelerated program, providing quality and value while meeting an unprecedented delivery schedule. Spectra has a long-standing relationship with Ford, and we are grateful for this award that recognizes our continued commitment to Ford Motor Co. and its products.”
Fifty-seven awards were presented to suppliers that exceeded company expectations and distinguished themselves from their peers by achieving the highest levels of global excellence in 11 categories.
Ford World Excellence Award categories include:
- Quality, Green, Safe and Smart categories for suppliers that demonstrate leadership in Ford’s primary brand pillars
- Aligned Business Framework for suppliers that most exemplify the Aligned Business Framework principles, with an emphasis on quality, value and innovation
- Special recognition for suppliers that delivered results that exceed expectations
- Lincoln Luxury, which recognizes a supplier helping transform Lincoln to be the luxury vehicle of choice
- Diverse Supplier of the Year and Supplier Diversity Development Corp. of the Year to honor suppliers that excel in integrating diversity into their organization and business process
- Gold and Silver for supplier manufacturing sites that have demonstrated superior quality, delivery and cost-performance throughout the year