Marc Pappas, MAAP, ACP, vice president – data services and e-commerce, Federated Auto Parts, will be the featured speaker in the “Channel Partner Spotlight” at the 2018 AASA Technology Conference, presented by the association. The event is scheduled for Sunday, Sept. 30, through Tuesday, Oct. 2, in Clearwater, Florida.
Pappas will discuss the technology initiatives and outlook for advanced technology developments from the perspective of one of the leading aftermarket program groups. He is a recognized subject matter expert in the industry and has served on many industry committees dedicated to data and technology standards in the aftermarket.
He has served as Federated’s top executive of data and e-commerce since 2015 and has been a part of the program group’s team since 2013. Pappas also held various data management positions at Uni-Select USA and Advance Auto Parts. He started his aftermarket career in commercial sales at Mighty Auto Parts.
The AASA Technology Conference is the industry’s leading technology event, attended by IT/IS, engineers, data/catalog managers, customer service, web developers, data analysts, product and marketing managers from suppliers, WDs, retailers, technology and service providers. Participants will learn about major emerging technology trends, compare ideas with manufacturers and channel partners, develop connections with the leading technology executives in the aftermarket and gain strategies to enable their companies to seize opportunities with emerging technologies.
Confirmed presentations and speakers at the 2018 Conference will include:
- Member Spotlight – Osvaldo Gallegos, director, CV & AFM Strategy, Dana Inc.
- Keynote – “3-D Printed Car Driven by a Drone?” – Paul Golata, senior technical content specialist, Mouser Electronics
- Keynote – “Cybercrimes Move in New Directions” – FBI Supervisory Special Agent Andrew Sekela
- “Does Blockchain Technology Play a Role in the Future IAM?”
- “Current Challenges to Servicing a Modern Vehicle” – Dirk Fuchs, technical training manager, ZF Services
- “Augmented Reality for Repair Shops: Enabling the Aftermarket to Service Complex Vehicles” – Rika Nakazawa, vice president strategy and partnerships, Atheer
- “Self-Healing Vehicles So Soon?” – Zohar Fox, CEO, Aurora Labs
- “AASA Research and Technology Insights” – Bill Newman, strategic industry adviser (chief), NA Automotive Industry, SAP, and Philip Atkins, director, strategic research and planning, AASA
- “Aftermarket Technology Leadership” – Bill Long, AASA president and COO
- “Should the Aftermarket Fear Washington?” – Ann Wilson, senior vice president, government affairs, Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association
Other Conference features will include:
- Heavy Duty, Marketing and Information Technology Tracks;
- The Channel Partner – Supplier Technology Roundtables, facilitated by Dale Hopkins, CIO, Aftermarket Auto Parts Alliance, and Kevin Pentecost, information security manager, Standard Motor Products
- The Technology Providers Town Hall
- Live, hands-on demonstrations of the latest technologies including artificial reality / virtual reality (AR/VR), telematics and more
The Conference’s confirmed sponsors to date include Pricedex Software, Autologue, Automotive Distribution Network, AutoNet TV, DSS, Edgenet, Epicor, Experian, IHS Markit, JNPSoft, MAM Software, OptiCat, PhaseZero Ventures, Snap36, Stibo, TecAlliance GmbH, TIE Kinetix and WHI Solution.
More information about the AASA Technology Conference, registration, hotel accommodations and agenda are at aasatech.com.