The 2019 Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association (AASA) Global Summit, presented by the Overseas Automotive Council (OAC), will provide aftermarket suppliers and channel partners a unique forum to explore opportunities and challenges in today’s global marketplace. The event, set for Friday, Feb. 8, 2019, at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, Coral Gables, Florida, is one of the only international conferences focused on the aftermarket.
“The inaugural Global Summit in January of this year attracted a capacity crowd of suppliers and channel partners for a deep dive into global marketplaces,” said Bill Long, AASA president and chief operating officer. “The 2019 AASA Global Summit presented by the OAC is a must-attend event for those seeking deeper clarity of opportunities and headwinds in international markets. The summit will offer suppliers and channel partners a platform for networking and collaboration to advance the international aftermarket industry.”
Participants in the 2019 AASA Global Summit will include top executives and leaders from supplier companies and aftermarket channel partners with responsibilities for their company’s international operations as well as aftermarket executives interested in exploring global exporting opportunities.
The event will open with an international networking reception on Thursday, Feb. 7 at the Coral Gables venue. The conference program will commence on Feb. 8 with these discussions and presenters:
- “2019 Aftermarket Outlook’ – Paul McCarthy, executive vice president, AASA and senior vice president, strategy, Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA)
- “Trade & Regulatory Environment Overview: Exploring Duty Drawbacks and In-Bond Warehousing” – Ann Wilson, senior vice president, government affairs, MEMA
- “Currency Risks & Political/Economical state of Latin America” – John Price, managing director, Americas Market Intelligence
- “Growth Strategies in Latin America – Challenges & Opportunities for Aftermarket Suppliers” – panel discussion moderated Miguel Garcia, general manager Latin America, Federal-Mogul Motorparts
- “Challenges and Opportunities for the Independent Aftermarket in the Middle East” – panel discussion moderated by Gazi Bilikozen, show director, Messe Frankfurt
Presentations also are planned on the challenges and opportunities in APAC countries and the growth and development in the independent aftermarket in the Middle East.
More information about the 2019 AASA Global Summit presented by the OAC, including registration and hotel accommodations, is available here.