Global Business Professor’s latest audio interview, “Digitalization of the Global Auto Industry and its Supply Chain,” features Fathi Tlatli, president of the global sector automotive at DHL Customer Solutions & Innovation.
In the 13-minute audio interview, Tlatli discusses these questions:
- Digitalization is a buzzword today that we hear everywhere, but what is its concrete impact on the automotive sector?
- What role does logistics play in new business models enabled by digitalization, such as car sharing and e-commerce sales?
- Are there potential opportunities arising from cooperation between the automotive and technology industries?
- New electrified vehicles are part of the OEMs’ new product range. How does that impact the entire automotive value chain and its logistics? What is important when transporting lithium batteries for hybrid and electric vehicle drives?
- How does digitalization help logistics adapt to the increasing speed and complexity of the global automotive industry?
- For example, what opportunities do intelligent inbound logistics solutions offer for increasingly complex and time-critical production?
Tlatli is currently responsible for global business development and strategy for Deutsche Post DHL logistics Automotive-Mobility sector. He is a professor and lecturer in global marketing, intercultural management and strategy for various European institutions and writer of a range of articles and books on this subject.
He also is an author of other books on time management and marketing in emerging markets, as well as articles in the international management field.