The Certified Automotive Parts Association (CAPA) has announced the election of Nick Scheid of LNS & Associates located in Ray, Michigan, as vice chair of CAPA’s Technical Committee.
CAPA’s Technical Committee is comprised of nationally recognized collision repairers, parts distributors, manufacturers, insurers and quality experts. The Committee reviews, develops and approves CAPA’s quality standards. The committee operates on a fully transparent and consensus basis, and its crash parts standard development process has been approved by the American National Standard Institute (ANSI).
Scheid has more than 30 years of experience in the automotive parts manufacturing and distribution industry. He began his career as a vice president of sales and operations with Auto Tech Plastics (formerly Innovative Designs Inc.). He then became vice president of North American operations for Cornerstone Auto Parts, a subsidiary of Auto Parts Industrial Ltd., where he developed sales opportunities and industry relationships to enhance the usage of aftermarket parts in collision repairs.
Scheid currently is president of LNS & Associates, a consulting business he launched in 2015 to help the independent distributors and industry stakeholders navigate the complexities of aftermarket parts procurement and distribution.
“I, like many in the industry, have known and respected Nick’s expertise for many years. We are thrilled to have him take on a leadership position on CAPA’s critically important Technical Committee,” said Rod Enlow, CAPA’s Technical Committee chairman and president of RENLOW Auto Technical Consulting Inc.
“The Committee members’ insight into issues facing the repair parts industry and guidance with the program are extremely important to CAPA’s continuing success,” said Debbie Klouser, CAPA’s director of operations.
CAPA’s Technical Committee includes:
- Randall Bollander — Empire Auto Parts
- Jeff Chen — T.Y.G. Products L.P.
- Bill Dornon — LKQ-Keystone
- Rod Enlow — RENLOW Auto Technical Consulting Inc.
- Don Feeley — City Body & Frame
- Jim Fisher — PBSI-DS
- Bob Guzdziol — K.S.I. Trading
- Don Hill — State Farm Mutual Insurance Co.
- Jim Horner — USAA Insurance
- Jared Humphrey — Service King Collision Repair Centers
- Bob Keith — CARSTAR
- Jim Miras —Micro Rim Corp.
- Dan Risley — Automotive Service Association (ASA)
- Mark Sanders — Caliber Collision Centers
- Michael Smith — GEICO Insurance
- Chad Sulkala — Allstate Insurance
- Richard Wang — Gordon Auto Body Parts Co.
“CAPA is fortunate to have such a broad range of industry expertise represented on our Technical Committee,” added Jack Gillis, CAPA’s executive director.