The constant rainfall didn’t seem to dampen the spirits of Autopromotec 2015 attendees, as Friday saw the highest volume of visitors since the biennial show began Wednesday here in Bologna, Italy.
During the show, the GiPA Excellence Awards, which are organized by GiPA Italia, were awarded to exemplary automotive aftermarket individuals or companies. This is the 13th time the awards have been given. This year, 11 awards were presented in seven categories: OES Network Satisfaction in the General Network and the Premium Network; Communication Strategy for IAM and OES; IAM Development Strategy of Components Dealers, Distribution and Manufacturing Chain; Environmentally Friendly; Commercial Dynamism; Coup de Coeur; and a Press Award.
The 2015 recipients were:
- OES Network Satisfaction – General Network : Toyota Motor Italia
- OES Network Satisfaction – Premium Network: Mercedes-Benz Italia
- Communication Strategy – IAM: Robert Bosch Italia
- Communication Strategy – OES: Ford Italia
- IAM Development Strategy – Components Dealers: Metelli SpA
- IAM Development Strategy – Distribution: Rhiag Group
- IAM Development Strategy – Production Chain: ANFIA
- Environmentally Friendly: Sogefi Group
- Commercial Dynamism: Groupauto Italia
- Coup de Cœur: Ing. Francesco Caracciolo
- Press Award: Dott.ssa Maria Luisa Cosso
Thursday, during the IAAM15 (International Automotive Aftermarket Meeting 2015), Gianmarco Giorda, the managing director of ANFIA (Associazione Nazionale Fra Industrie Automobilistiche), told attendees that despite the economic difficulties encountered in Italy over the past few years, “the aftermarket is among the few sectors able to maintain positive improvements.”
“In 2014, engine parts components and spare parts recorded a positive trend, probably due to a more cautious attitude on the part of motorists who cannot fail to replace worn-out parts which could seriously compromise the working life cycle of the vehicle,” Giorda said. He called the automotive aftermarket “the true protagonist of this exhibition.”
Autopromotec 2015 continues through Sunday.