QUEENS, N.Y. --
The Parts Authority has announced that its recent trade show, held under the theme, "2010 A Parts Odyssey" at Citi Field in New York, was a resounding success on many levels.
More than 5,000 attendees came to the event, including more than 4,000 technician customers. Approximately 100 vendors displayed their products at the trade show, and 589 "Ride and Drives" sponsored by Monroe took place.
Also at the event, The Parts Authority held a pledge drive for its Haiti Relief Fund and more than $30,000 has been raised so far.
"Our all-star cast of vendors stepped up and brought their best displays to Citi Field," said Randy Buller, president of Parts Authority Inc. "According to all, they were busy all night, customers were impressed with both the scope and the entertainment at the event."
At the event, the following vendors were recognized during an awards dinner:
· Centric -- Supplier of the Year
· A1- CARDONE -- Remanufacturer of the Year
· Exide -- Most Improved Supplier
· Blue Mountain -- Rookie of the Year
· Luis Rivera, Dayco -- Service Rep of the Year
· Mike Glazier -- Manufacturers' Rep of the Year
· Rodney Whilow -- Sales Rep of the Year
· Alex Seaman, Hub Insurance -- Service Partner of the Year
· Howie Cerino, Tenneco -- Hall of Fame award
· Murray Sullivan, Pronto -- Hall of Fame award
Founded in 1973, as Clearway Automotive, The Parts Authority today offers hundreds of thousands of different parts, in more than 250,000 square feet of warehouse space, available at 15 locations around New York.